In this article, we will cover all the steps by step guide on How to permanently Remove Chromium on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 And the complete methods we explained with Screenshots.
What is Chromium
Chromium is an open-source web browser project behind Google Chrome and Google Chrome OS. This development aims to build a safer, faster, and more stable browser for internet users.
Although it serves a good purpose, sometimes there are Chromium applications that cause malware viruses. Maybe, this happens because the Chromium application is open-source, so anyone can create this application.
Well, for those of you who currently feel annoyed with Chromium and want to remove it, take it easy. On this occasion, I will give you how to permanently delete Chromium on Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10.
is chromium a virus
As I said above, Chromium is an open-source browser and Chromium is not a virus, it is made freely available browser project that is basically the Alpha version of the Google Chrome browser.
The idea of open-source software like Chromium is that anyone can access its code and modify it to create new programs.
How to Remove Chromium App
For how to remove the first Chromium application, you can use the uninstall feature provided by Microsoft. You can use this method on all Windows, so this method is universal.
In this first guide, I will break down Google Chromium into a few steps. Please practice it until it’s finished so that the Chromium application is completely removed from your device.
For this first step, we will only use the Control Panel to remove Chromium.
- First, open the Control Panel on your Windows.
- Once open, change View by to Small icons then select the Programs and Features menu.
- Next, you will be taken to a list of applications installed on Windows. To remove the Chromium browser, right-click on the application and select Uninstall.
- If a window appears as shown below, please just click Uninstall.
In the last step of the guide above, you can check Also delete your browsing data? so that all existing browsing data on Chromium is also deleted.
#2.Delete Directory From Windows
Even though Chromium has been deleted from the laptop/PC, sometimes there is still data or malware left in the directory. For that, for complete deletion, you should also delete the Chromium directory.
- Open Windows Explorer by pressing Windows key + E on your keyboard.
- After that, click View on the navigation bar and then check the Hidden items section so that the Chromium directory can appear.
- Please enter C: \ User \ User Name \ App Data \ Local \ as shown below.
- Find the Chromium folder and delete it.
By uninstalling Chromium and deleting the installation directory at once, it is certain that the application is gone from your device. To be more optimal, you can restart the device.
How to remove Chromium from Windows that can’t be uninstalled
On some devices, Chromium cannot be removed using built-in Windows features, be it Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10. But calm down, in this case, I already have a solution, which is to use an uninstaller application.
As for the uninstaller itself, there are actually many applications that you can use. However, I recommend that you use the free version of IObit Uninstaller only because it is quite powerful for removing Chromium.
- The advantage of IObit Uninstaller is that it can delete Windows applications until it is completely clean. That way, you don’t have to worry anymore about malware on your PC caused by Chromium.
Here’s how to remove Chromium from windows completely:
- First, download and install the IObit Uninstaller application on your system.
- After successfully installed, open the IObit Uninstaller application.
- Go to Programs > All Programs > check Chromium > click Uninstall .
- If a window appears like an image below, you can just click Uninstall. Or if you want all Chromium data to be deleted, you can also check Automatically remove residual files then click Uninstall.
- Later, a window will appear again like the previous method. Please just click Uninstall to continue the process of removing Chromium.
- Wait a moment and let IObit Uninstaller do all its work until it’s finished.
- After everything is done, you will see something like the following image.
Well guys, After following the steps above, you have successfully removed Chromium from the laptop/Pc. Oh yes, this includes the registry files, so you don’t need to delete Chromium manually.
Well, those are some ways to Permanently Remove Chromium that you can use on Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10., and This method will defiantly work 101% on all the OS of windows.
Hopefully, this article can be useful and help solve your device problems related to Chromium.