It has been a long time since your Paypal account has been used and want to delete your account? Let’s see the steps by steps explanation from us on how to delete Paypal your account or how to close and permanently delete a business, regular Paypal account, and forget the password!
Talking about payment instruments or foreign currency transfers, aka foreign currency, will definitely refer to PayPal.
PayPal is among the main accounts that you have online. PayPal has been around since 1998 and even if it has a number of competitors now, it is still the best option to get money off the internet.
Even though it is already popular, it turns out that quite a lot of people are looking for ways to delete a PayPal account, you know.
The reasons vary for each user who wants to delete a PayPal account.
Starting from rarely making foreign transactions to not liking the large transfer fees charged to the PayPal account.
Including you, maybe you also have the same or different reasons when you want to delete your PayPal account.
Why should you delete a PayPal account?
A PayPal account doesn’t cost any money to maintain, but there are still some reasons why you might want to delete it.
Maybe you have a business account and your business is closing down.
Maybe you’ve switched to an alternative like Venmo Or maybe you just want to open another account using a different email address.
Whatever your reason, it’s a good idea to delete your PayPal account if you never plan on using it again.
PayPal is secure, but any place on the web where your personal and financial details are listed should be watched with caution.
What you need to know before closing your PayPal account
Before we discuss how to delete your PayPal account, there are a few things you need to know.
First and foremost, once you delete your account, it’s gone forever.
You can create a new PayPal account using a different (or even the same) email address, but everything else associated with your account will be permanently deleted.
This means that your transaction history will be lost, so make sure you make a copy before closing your account.
Another thing you will want to do is withdraw the remaining balance from your account.
You can do this by transferring it to another PayPal account, transferring it to a bank account, or requesting a check from PayPal.
Of course, you can also use that balance to buy things online or donate them for useful purposes.
If you have an outstanding balance from PayPal credit, you won’t be able to close the account until it’s paid off.
The same is true of pending payments or other unresolved issues related to your account.
Depending on the problem, you may need to contact customer service to solve it.
Steps to take before closing your PayPal account:
- Clear your PayPal balance.
- Pay off all outstanding balances.
- Fix unresolved issues (may involve contacting customer service).
- (optional) Make a copy of your transaction history.
Delete the PayPal account
Using Paypal can be a huge pain and users face issues including limited accounts, reverse payments, withdrawal limits, and more.
If you are not satisfied with the Paypal account and decide to remove it, the good news is that it is very easy to delete the Paypal account.
Deleting your Paypal account will not take more than 5 minutes.
Note that once you delete your account, you will not be able to make any purchases with PayPal and check account history.
Also, make sure that there are no pending funds in your account.
Withdraw any remaining balance to your bank account or credit card before proceeding.
After deleting your Paypal account, you will not be able to log into your account anymore.
This will permanently remove your account from the Paypal database.
How to Delete PayPal Account?
Maybe you have heard what a Virtual Credit Card (VCC) has a function similar to a credit card. However, for those of you who don’t know the function, we will explain it briefly.
So, VCC is practically a virtual credit card, aka without using a card.
To have a VCC, you only need to contact and request VCC services online from a trusted provider.
After that, you just have to follow the directions from the provider until the VCC that you create can be used for transactions on PayPal.
How to Delete a Regular PayPal Account
When you delete your Paypal account, you must be willing that all balances, promos, and coupons that you have in your PayPal account will be forfeited.
It is highly recommended for you to withdraw all balances in your PayPal account to your bank account to avoid freezing the remaining balance.
Well, to delete your regular PayPal account you just need to follow the steps below:
- Login to the PayPal account that you want to delete.
- Then, click the Settings menu or the gear icon next to the Log Out option.
- Select Account Options, then select the option Close Your Account / delete Your Account.
- Enter your bank account number if requested.
- Next, click the option Close Your Account / delete Your Account
You will be charged USD 1.5 for manufacturing and shipping services if you withdraw funds by check. Other unfinished transactions will also be canceled.
Read also: How To Change Gmail Password On Android
How to Close a PayPal Business Account
For those of you who have a business or start-up company, definitely use a PayPal account to reach overseas users.
Transactions are denominated in United States Dollars when business expansion to reach users globally becomes imperative.
However, there are times when you want to move a transaction account other than PayPal. Thus you have to delete your PayPal account and replace it.
Let’s see how to close the following PayPal business account!
- Login to the Paypal account that you will delete.
- Next, enter the Account Settings menu, then select the Close Account option.
- Click Continue, then you will be given a questionnaire.
- Choose one reason why you want to delete your business Paypal account.
- After that, click Continue> Close Account.
Tips for Removing a Forgot PayPal Account Password
Well, it will be a different story if you want to delete a PayPal account that forgot your password, of course, there is a separate way.
You must be able to follow up to find a password or ask PayPal for help in order to log in.
Just follow the steps below to create a new password on a PayPal account:
- Go to the main PayPal page, then click Log in.
- Are you having trouble logging in? Click Restore.
- Choose one of the following:
- If you know your email address, click You don’t know your password. After that, enter your email address.
- If you don’t know your email address, then click I don’t know both. Enter up to 3 email addresses that have been used to register for your PayPal account.
- Enter the code that is in the image.
- Continue by clicking Continue, then follow the prompts.
When you create a new password, never use the same password you used for your eBay account, email, or other online services.
Frequently Ask Question
How do I permanently delete my PayPal account?
- Click on Settings next to “Log Out.”
- Click on Close your account under “Account Options.”
- Enter your bank account number if requested.
- then next Click on the “Close Account option”.
How do I delete my PayPal account without logging in?
As per the PayPal rules, Unfortunately, you cannot delete an account, you can only close the account.
If you cannot log into an old account to close it and want to create a new account, then everything associated with the new account must be new, i.e. a new email address, bank account, and credit card.
Does closing PayPal account affect credit?
Once you close your PayPal account, you will not be able to access it. Your record and relationships with PayPal will also be lost.
Yes, when late payments or closed accounts are added to the mix, the scores can really drop, affecting countless things like your ability to get a loan or agree to rent a new apartment.
How do I remove a PayPal account from my Gmail account?
- Yes, You can remove PayPal from Google Pay on the PayPal website or the Google Pay app.
- On the PayPal website, click the settings gear icon.
- Select Payments List and specify pre-approved payments.
- Go to “Google, Inc.”
- From the right navigation bar, click Cancel.
The Final word
Well, now you know about how to close and permanently delete a business, regular Paypal account, and forget the password!. You just need to follow the tips from the above steps.
Then also let your friends know by sharing this article.
I Hope You Will Get Help From This Article…Keep Sharing And Leave Your Comment Below.